Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Book of Mormon!


There's one more book to add to my review post, but I wanted to give it a separate entry. I actually finished reading The Book of Mormon this morning! I'm really proud of myself.

I started The Book of Mormon last fall when we moved to Tucson. On average, I'd guess I read 2 chapters a day, 4-5 days a week. I could do the math and see that my average is lower, but I do try most mornings to sit, pray and read. Being honest, I've never felt like I have been good 'feasting' from my scriptures. I know I could cross-reference and ponder more, but for now, I'm just focusing on reading and trying to start my day with it. I love it! I'm so glad I read it!

I believe this to be a Divinely inspired book. I know that I live my life in a way that is happier when I try, and try again, to live by the principles of this book.

I think the last time I read it, cover to cover, would be the fall after my dad passed away. My family tried to read it in that 4 month span before Christmas. I may have read it one more time, but don't remember. Ideally, I'd try to read it in Polish next, but I think I'll just aim for starting over again in English tomorrow and stick to my Polish Liahona. :)

Life is good, friends. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Life is good :) Alex just finished reading it again in Spanish for the 3rd time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, I need to be better I am reading it again but feel I am going super slow. I guess that's not what really counts. By the way if you go to Time Out for Women make sure you buy your tickets in advance, we got there to buy tickets and they were all sold out. We had to buy from random people in the audience. You have to go it's so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy are you right. it is an inspired and amazing book. thanks for sharing your testimony. xo

    ReplyDelete