Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SLPA Program


I GOT IN!!

I haven't mentioned it on my blog, but most people around me know that I've been waiting to hear back about University of Arizona's Summer Speech Internship Program. Clarification - it is not a Master's Program. It's a program designed for students who earned the Bachelor's Degree, but do not go onto the Masters. They can do the summer program to get their license. It's perfect for me, because I did earn a Bachelor's in Communication Disorders from USU, but the online program did not organize an internship/license. 

I still hope to get the Masters in the next year or two, this will just make me look so much better! I will do this practical work in the summer, then in the fall I can work in a school as a Speech Language Pathologist Aide. There is a difference in pay, but don't do the paper work or make the big decisions. It's more hands on, while the actual therapist is working with the Parents and doing the paper work, I would be meeting the children and doing more of the leg work. I hope to get Master's, but for now, I'm just excited to get into this program and know that I'll have an awesome job in the fall.

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!!!!! I'm so happy for you :) Did I ever tell you that Sarah had speech therapy through school from Kindergarten through 5th grade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome! way to go maren!

    ReplyDelete