Monday, April 9, 2012

Grand Canyon - Spring Break 2012

Since Peter is in school- he got a classic Spring Break. It was his idea and planning to go to the Grand Canyon. It was a great little camping trip! I had been when I was in my teens, but not since. It's an unreal view! You think you're looking at a picture or holographic image. Here are some photos of our first time camping together.

Setting up camp!
Check out Peter's beard! Awesome, huh? Gives him a lot of 'street-cred' at a campsite, at Grad School, and around my brothers.

SMORES!!

Walking along the 3 mile trail along the top of the canyon.

On the more ambitious hike, down into the canyon.
The Bright Angel Trail.


Peter LOVED that there was snow on the north facing fronts!
But because of that snow and north facing fronts, our hike was cut short. My shoes had zero traction for snow hiking and, well, we're sissies. If you look at my right hand- my pinkie is the start point, my pointer finger is how far we made it (3 miles round trip) and my left pointer is where Peter thought we could make it to. Rookie mistake.


1 comment: