Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mel's Kitchen Cafe



Do you know about Mel's Kitchen Cafe? I think it is such an amazing blog and am pleasantry surprised how many of my friends already use her recipes. I can read her blog as if it's a smutty romantic fiction novel! She gives me great ideas and she's always posting fun new recipes.

My sister Anne and I have seem to have a personal goal to cook every recipe on her blog. Most all of the dinners and treats I cook are from here, and everything turns out! I like the level of cooking- it's not a frozen-ready-made dinner and it's not Julia Child's reduction sauces, it's a happy place in the middle. I have really found a love for cooking through her recipes. I love cooking (and Peter loves that I love cooking)!


I listed a few of them- just so you could get a few ideas. I'd love any links to recipes you like!



DINNERS
Peter and I love Sausages, so this Jambalaya is one of our favorite dinners!

I think this Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken is one of my favorites this year.

Good on a cold day, White Chili Bean Soup is delicious.

Loved this Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu. The sauce made it awesome!

Great White Enchiladas! I've made it as a casserole and as individual enchiladas.


DESSERTS
Made this Carmel Apple Cheesecake probably about 6 times, everyone loves it!

Heavy, but amazing. Oreo Cheesecake.

Andes Mint Brownies! Oh yeah!

These Buttermilk Lime Shortbread Bars are basically a fancier Lemon Bars.

We love Tres Leches Cake. Put some strawberries on this and it was a winner for a summer dessert.


BREADS (I had never really baked bread before Mel introduced me)
Easy rolls, similar to the ones you can buy at Costco.

This loaf reminds me of Macaroni Grill's Herb Focaccia bread. I serve it with Balsamic Vineagar and EVOO.

These breadsticks are so easy, cheap and impressive.

Pumpkin Choc Chip Bread a winner in the fall!


I could list about 30 more recipes that are amazing! But I'll stop here...
 

3 comments:

  1. I've used several blog sites but haven't heard of this one. I will have to check it out. I am always making new recipes - especially when we have company over. My family just shakes their head :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd never heard of her! thanks for the reference! i love trying new recipes.

    ReplyDelete