Monday, May 7, 2012

Personal Goal for this Week

Back in San Diego,* I was always at a piano. I taught it 6 lessons days a week, I was Ward Organist, and Choir Accompanist sometimes. Since we moved to Tucson, I haven't had much time, at all, sitting next to my old friend.

I sat down the other day and noodled though some songs. Peter just loves when I play while he's reading, and I love making him happy. I can tell that I have not been playing much and was tripping up on some songs that I've always been able to play. So, I'm making a goal for this one last week off before I school starts next Monday.

I'm going to practice the piano for a half hour each day this week.

I'll let you know how I do. I'll tell you about another goal while we're here. A long term goal I have is to be able to play through the whole soundtrack to the movie "The Pianist." It's all (but one track) Chopin, who's my favorite because of the beautiful sound and because he's Polish. I can play 4 of them at like a 'B+' level, so 6 left to go and hours of polishing up. I'm miles and miles away from getting this song, but I think it's such an amazing song and presentation of a song.


Wish me luck!

**Please take note, I didn't say back 'home.' I'm working on not always referring to SD as home. I need to start thinking of Tucson as my home. It's coming on a year now...

2 comments:

  1. What a great goal! San Diego will always be home. You can have two homes...the one where you currently live and the one where you are from :)

    ReplyDelete