Wednesday, May 25, 2011

San Diego Temple Worker


I'm positive that I will work at A temple several times in my life. When I realized I'd be leaving San Diego, I had a moment of panic that I had never worked at the SAN DIEGO Temple. I think personal temple ownership and pride is special. This particular temple means so very much to me (and about 1 million other people). I was married there, I decided to go on a mission there, I received my own endowment there, I went to the dedication, I pass it on the freeway all the time, all my siblings have been married in the exact same sealing room. That special building means a lot to me and my family. No doubt about it!


So, about 2 months ago I was set apart to be a Receptionist, every other Saturday evening. I've done 4 shifts now, and had several special moments. From watching faithful old patrons, bright-eyed new patrons, children being sealed, seeing old friends, being alone in the Celestial Room. Just so many good experiences there! I took my trainer's advice and got a 'Temple Journal' and write down the special events/thoughts that happen on each shift. I'm going to love that I did for years to come!

I eventually will be an Ordinance Worker, but knowing we're leaving and not feeling good about a weekly Saturday commitment. Receptionist is a perfect place for me! All I have to is smile at everyone, answer questions and talk to visitors.

And I LOVE IT!




3 comments:

  1. That's so nice Maren! We are having a Temple built in Philly in a couple of years. I can't wait! It is going to be so nice. We are all so blessed!! Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you are getting this opportunity! Too bad I don't go Saturday evenings to see your lovely face :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every once in a while I get ambitious and want to work as a receptionist....then reality hits and I come to the conclusion that I should probably work on making my family dinner at least 3 or 4 times a week before I commit to anything else:) They don't really need to eat do they?? Glad you get to do it!

    ReplyDelete