Tuesday, August 24, 2010

unADVENTUROUS


We're coming up on our first anniversary and I'm thinking on this past year of marriage. Before we got married, I used to travel all the time (helps that it was my job, when I lived in Manhattan), eat fun and new foods, always meeting new people, go dancing often and stay up late doing things I laugh about now. It was great! Lived life to the fullest! Wouldn't trade my memories or experiences anything (especially a baby)! Now it's been a year and I realize I've give up my adventurous streak. I don't do any of those things anymore...

AND I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER!!

I love, love, love doing nothing and everything with Peter. And we don't even have to go anywhere, we love being in our apartment. We love being in our home, eating a home, walking on the beach or the bay from our home, playing games, doing puzzles, watching shows, talking with interesting friends. It surprises me- It's not what I would have thought I'd become, but it's what I'd heard about. But in thinking if the trade was worth it? Yes! Almost 365 days of yes! I'm really happy and it's all because I married Peter, my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. that's very sweet. I'm glad you're happy!!! I need to stay home and do nothing with Maurice that would be so nice....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, you are ridiculously cute! i knew this, but it has been re-confirmed. and i was exactly the same way. it has surprised me how happy i am not being all crazy anymore. time that you make me one of your "interesting friends". that reminds me...kk and i want to beach it up with you. stat!

    ReplyDelete