Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Step to becoming a Speech Pathologist


I just bought my text books! I start my 3 online courses through USU's Second Bachelor's Program in Communication Disorders at the end of the month. I'm excited!!

I'll be taking-
-Language, Speech, and Hearing Development
-Fundamentals of Anatomy for Speech and Language
-Language Science

The first and last one sound much like my Linguistics courses at BYU. The scariest sounding one is the Anatomy for Speech and Language. I took Human Anatomy years ago and it was tough! The life saver was the lab, where I could go in and study. Since this is online, I'm not sure what my study options are. But I really want to do well. I feel like being married, not in Provo, not snowboarding 3 times a week and wanting to improve my career will be a much better motivator! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. As a Romney, what made you decide to study problems with communicating?? Doesn't seem like a Romney problem to me? Love the picture on your blog headline:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on going back to school. I'm sure you'll do great. I admit, tho, that I would struggle with the beach being right there. Beaches ... they're a blessing and a curse ...

    ReplyDelete