Thursday, September 29, 2011

Das Gemüse

Just got back from the Farmer's Market. There's something so satisfying, domestic, fulfilling and tasty about having a full fruit basket in your kitchen.


The title of the post is an inside joke with my sister Liz, even though she may not even remember it.
If you think back to "Called to Serve" video, it shows an MTC teacher drilling vocab and saying this over and over again. It translates to vegetables. At the time I didn't know how to say 'I Love You' in Polish, so we used this phrase. As she pulled away from saying goodbye to me from my mission in 2003, we kept yelling "Das Gemüse" at each other. We wrote it on our letters. Silly memory, but I like it.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Julie 'very cute' and I love that you shared it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day. I didn't know you had one too so it'll be fun to keep in touch even though you abandoned us!

    ReplyDelete