Monday, July 30, 2012

Unlce Tom's Funeral


 I'm so glad I was able to be in LA for my kind and sweet Uncle Tom's funeral service. His dear wife passed last October, so their three children had to say goodbye to both parents in 9 months. Sad, but sorta sweet. Uncle Tom served a few years in the Army, so he was given a gun salute and a trumpeter played a few songs. I have this video for my sibilings to see that weren't able to make it. It was very powerful to have music playing while the pall bearers took Tom's body to his final resting place next to his wife and my dad (and eventually my mother).

  I adore my three cousins- Jane, Matt and Tom.

Meme and Uncle Tom's entire family - their 3 children and 9 grandchildren.

It was sad to say goodbye to Uncle Tom, but it was nice to say hello to my dad.

2 comments:

  1. From what you would tell me, he seemed like an amazing man. Sorry for your loss, Mare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you could be there with your Mom. It was nice to have a visit.

    ReplyDelete