Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Birthday Weekend

Our birthdays are 6 days apart - Peter: Oct 19th and Me: Oct 25th. It'll be fun for years to come that we get to celebrate together and for a whole week! I want to share some pictures from that week, even though was a month ago.

Peter was still working at the Academy on his birthday, it was one of his last days. So I surprised him at work with a cake. I timed it so I'd get there when he was with about 8 colleagues, but no-one knew it was his birthday or that last day working with him was 2 days away. It was SO AWKWARD! They all appreciated the cake once they knew, but had no idea who the girl with the cake was when I walked in. I hope he at least appreciated the effort and embarrassment.

Our Ward Halloween party was on my birthday. I wanted to go because had such great kid costumes (compliments of my sister, Anne). We were Princess Peach and Luigi from Mario Brothers.

We went to a nice wedding of Alan and Britta DeMartini. It had nothing to do with our birthdays, but still fun to get dressed up and go out for food and dancing with friends.

My gift was that Peter surprised me and took me to see miXtape, and 80's musical downtown. Shows that he knows me well, dancing and 80's music! My favorite things!
(he's wearing one of the gifts I got him, I love dressing him!)

We loved it so much, er, I loved it so much, I talked my sibs and spouses into going. It was so much fun! I recommend it to everyone. And sitting next to Miles is a great way to see it too, he was laughing/singing the whole time!

1 comment:

  1. I heard that was a good show. Maybe I'll have to drag Uncle Fred to it. What a fun week of birthday festivities that you had. I think it's great that you surprised Peter at work with a cake :)

    ReplyDelete