Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Engaged at Disneyland

Peter and I are Engaged! I get to spend my life with my best friend.
Never been happier.

We got engaged at Disneyland now it's the Happiest Place on Earth - times two! We are Disney Enthusiasts, so it's common for us to go up there with our season passes. Disney is just getting busier each day with summer and all the shows, so we went knowing we were going to be watching parades and just enjoying our day instead of catching all the rides. I wasn't surprised when Peter suggested we take a picture in front of the castle after the Parade. He even enlisted the help of a kind stranger to take the picture. But I didn't hear Peter's whispered instructions to "just keep on taking pictures". So I was definitely surprised when he...
...stepped back and dropped to his knee! I didn't say a word. My jaw dropped, I covered my mouth with my hands and I simply nodded. I don't even know what he asked me. He could've asked me to go get a corn dog for all I remember. I pretty much blacked out once I saw the ring.


By this time, we had drawn a crowd, which is what Peter wanted. So this picture is Peter yelling "SHE SAID YES!" to three hundred of our closest Disney friends who were crowding around us.




There was a lot of laughing and hugging. It might have been a couple minutes before some old lady yells - "You've got to put the ring on her!" We sorta forgot about that part.

We both were shaking so much that it was really hard to get it on. I was so nervous. For this picture, I couldn't straighten my fingers

This picture is about a half hour later when we calmed down a little.

There is a lovely story behind my engagement ring. My mother gave Peter her diamonds/ring since she now wears an eternity band. The ring I grew up seeing on her was two matching diamonds, about the same size. It's the engagement diamond my dad gave my mother, and the engagement diamond my maternal grandfather gave my grandmother. Peter had it re-set to a three stone setting. It's a special way to bring my father into this event in my live... I mean OUR lives. It's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.
I enjoy typing, driving and playing the piano more now.

We had a nice time for the rest of the day. People we didn't know recognized and congratulated us in lines. Disney gave us "Just Engaged" buttons to wear (see picture below, but we only wore on the way out. We're cheesy-in-love, but felt like the buttons were a bit much). One lady gave us some fast passes. So fun!
Never Been Happier.

21 comments:

  1. BAH! Peter, congrats! Love the candid photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, so stinkin' fun!!!!!!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!! Alan and I are both so very happy for you!!!
    p.s. thanks for the blog post, you totally made my day;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so freaking excited. The ring is amazing and you two are just perfect!!!! I love this fairytale ending slash beginning. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Those pictures are priceless. Can't wait for little Leavitts.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing story! I am so happy for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maren, I stalked you on facebook and saw the link to this blog. I'm so glad I did! Congratulations my friend - you are in for a wild ride that you will LOVE! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Maren. What a great story. Love the ring. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Maren! Love the story, but I love how happy you look even more! ~Megan Curtis (Davis hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling overwhelmed by all your comments yet? Especially on facebook? I feel so special to have gotten an actual phone call. :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you guys and while reading this post I kept giggling and awwing!!! Love you guys and cant wait to meet Peter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maren, I'm thrilled for ya! And I love that your face still turns beet red when you're put on the spot like that. : ) And though I don't know you yet, Peter, well done! Congrats, you two. What a fantastic engagenment story.
    Todd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the family maren!! I can't wait to meet you but am already calling you my sister, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nobody deserves more happiness than you!!! I am so grateful that you have him! What a beautiful story. Oh, and since you are getting married to your best friend it just keeps getting better and better! It doesn't make any sense to marry anyone else! You are glowing in those pictures. I miss you and LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got a little choked up looking at my baby girl growing up. SO SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys look so in Love. It is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, I am crying now!!! Congrats guys! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you got your whole engagement on film. Thats so amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maren! :) That is the best news I have heard all week! Congratulations!!! So so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done Maren and Peter. I love your ring and all it's meaning. I'm planning on coming to party and ceremony if work and LDS goes well.
    Congrats to you both
    Love, Aunt Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maren - you're lovely gorgeous beautiful and so so happy. Congrats! Good man, eh?

    ReplyDelete